Friday, March 10, 2006

Generation 4, Chapter 4

Vacha Family
Satellite Home #2 - Home of Coryander and Andrew Vacha

*Warning* Silly me, I've gotten so used to having the blur turned off, I don't even notice when naked pictures show body parts. *giggle* So anyway, there's a picture of Andrew's butt while he's in the shower in this update. Nothing major, but didn't want to surprise anyone. ;-)


A family portrait of the newlywed and newly parented couple. Life is moving along wonderfully for this family. Let's check in with them, shall we?


Both parents adore taking care of their daughter, Jessica. Neither one has ever spun up any sort of fear around dirty diapers or anything and they constantly want to cuddle her.


*cough* Of course, Andrew seems to think of more than simply his daughter. Well, at least it's his wife he's daydreaming about in there, yes?


Time flies by for this happy family and Jessica is ready to become a toddler!


Erm, their camera broke during her birthday party. That's why there's no transition picture. (Actually, if I remember correctly, their kitchen is so small, I couldn't get a good angle for a picture.) So anywho, meet Jessica Vacha, a Libra (5/9/6/4/9). I can definitely life with those stats.
Although Andrew, I just hope Cory doesn't get upset that you've manipulated things so that Jessie's first word is "daddy."
"Nah, Cory was at work and asked me to teach Jess some of her skills."
Mm-hmm. *grins*


I didn't take any pictures of it, but Cory was trying to make herself an omlet and caught the kitchen on fire. This nice fireman, Dorian Miguel, came to the family's rescue. Although I'm not entirely certain what that expression is all about. Oh well. He's still cute. Possible potential for the main lot line. I'll have to have Cory introduce him to someone there.


So, anyway, Cory refused to eat her burnt omlet and she was almost starving. So I had Andrew go make her breakfast. Doofus set himself on fire this time. *sigh* Maybe I should have had someone clean the stove first? Anyway, Cory rushes out of her shower and runs over to put Andrew out.


Erm, well, that was the plan, anyway... Instead, she caught on fire too. Now, remember how I was saying their kitchen was too small for me to get a good picture of Jessica when she became a toddler? Apparently it was too small for Dorian (yup, same fireman came back again) to get in there to extinguish the flames. Either that or he decided these two were simply two stupid to live, having 2 fires in one night.


"Heya Grim! Looks like these two are all yours now, so I'll just be moseying on out of here."
"Hmm, yes, they do appear to be on my list. Although when I set off for the collection, there was only one name here."


"Hello? Yes. This is Grim Reaper #7. I have a collection of two souls at this location. Right. Except there is a child here. What should I do?"


"Geeze, lady, you don't have to yell like that! I've never had this happen before, so I wanted to check in with base. Chill out, will ya?"
Poor Jessica, sitting there in the kitchen, sucking on her thumb, wondering where her parents went. *sniffles* I sat here with my game on pause for almost 10 minutes trying to decide what I was going to do. I mean, this is a satellite house. The rules don't count here, right? I can just exit my game without saving and nobody would be the wiser. But, wow, this is great drama. And I was worried about too many homes to play. But what about poor Jessica? Ooo, I know. Okay, let's let this play out and we'll figure out how to make it happen. *nods* Save, unpause, continue on.


Well, hello there Miss Social Worker. It's actually too bad you can't talk to her, because she looks like she's got some good genetics there.


And we say farewell to our Satellite #2 home. Oh well. I suppose some day a future Vacha will move in there. (Although they might not be able to afford it, since it is now fully decorated...)


Okay, well, let's move on to the next satellite home, shall we?


Satellite Home #3 - Aspen Vacha


"Hey Ari. Yeah, I'm all unpacked from college. Not that there's a lot to unpack. ... Hehe, yeah, I know. Actually, if you can get past her flatulence, Linds is actually really cool. I'm glad you two are getting along so well. ... Yeah, she does make dad very happy. ... Okay, give everyone a kiss for me and I'll see you soon, Arizona. Bye!"


Aspen heads off to Red's for a quick bite to eat and to meet some of the other people living downtown. Little did she know she was getting dinner AND a show! I gree with the guy in the blue shirt. Trista is one brave girl, fighting with the Grand Vampire like that.


Okay, what is your problem, Mrs. Crumplebottom? You certainly can't be complaining that Aspen is undressed, because she's in her everyday outfit. You can't be showing what a prude you are that she's making out in public, because SHE HAS NEVER EVEN BEEN KISSED! So what the heck is up? Huh?? You leave my girl alone, you crazy old bat!


Now, this shot just made me laugh for quite some time. Poor Count Perry looks so mortified that he lost a fight to a GIRL. *giggles*


Aspen gets a premonition that something is wrong with Coryander.


"Yes, daddy. I sent flowers to the grave site. I think I'm going to invite Arizona and the twins over so we can hold our own wake for Cory. I just can't believe she and Andrew are really gone!"


Generation 3 gathers together to mourn the loss of one of their own. Aspen makes one final phone call though. She looks so sneaky, glancing over her shoulder at her cousins and sister like that, doesn't she? *giggle*


"I'll be right back guys. There is one last guest who needs to be here for our wake."


Did you figure it out yet? :-)


"Hi Jessica. Hello baby. You're going to live with me now. No way I was going to leave you in an orphanage when you have family alive and well, sweetling."
She may have never been kissed, and certainly never WooHoo'd, but Aspen knew instantly she wanted to raise Cory's daughter for her. (Yup, right after she cried with the tombstone over her head, she wanted to adopt a baby, which fit EXACTLY with what I already had planned. I love this sim!) But MAN was it hard to get the adoption agency to find Aspen suitable. She just never had enough money for almost a sim-week before she got approved.


The twins both had big smiles on their faces, but Arizona looks a little hesitant about Aspen's decision.


So Aspen brings Jessica and Arizona into the kitchen to talk privately. Whatever she said must have been convincing, because it looks like her older sister finally gives her stamp of approval on Aspen's decision too.


Just a cute shot towards the end of the wake. They all left with full 100's with each other again, something I haven't been able to achieve since they were at the Greek House together.


"Okay, wait. Nobody told me I still had to teach Jess this part!"
*giggles* Anyway, we'll close out with that shot, because it just looks so perfect for our new mother. *chuckles*

11 Comments:

Blogger Marcie said...

oh no poor Jessica, losing her parents like that =*(. I'm glad Aspen was able to adopt her

3:11 PM  
Blogger Just Moi said...

How sad that little jessica's parents perished in the fire she's lucky Aspen was a godsend :)

3:24 PM  
Blogger Just Moi said...

How sad that little jessica's parents perished in the fire she's lucky Aspen was a godsend :)

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwww, good for Aspen. It takes a special person to adopt. Hopefully Jessica will not grow up badly since she lost her parents so young.

4:27 PM  
Blogger SpongebobTanu said...

oh i was so sad about Jessica and then i saw Aspen come to the rescue, oh so happy now. yay!

6:57 PM  
Blogger MysticSpirit said...

Poor little Jessica! Losing both of her parents so tragically. And she won't even get to know them as people! Only as the memories that others have of them. I was certainly HOPING that you weren't the kind of evil controller that would let family rot in the bowels of the sim city orphanage (where, contrary to what they wrote in their ad, they DO serve gruel!) ... and I'm glad I was right! Way to go!

11:00 PM  
Blogger j00ky said...

Poor poor Jessica looking for her recently passed over parents, that was a teary sight... it was great that Aspen has taken her in the poor tot~

Oh my GOSH! Aeronwy! You are on a roll! All this drama in so little time! *clutching my heart* :P

7:38 PM  
Blogger AeronwyDiobhell said...

Yvonne, replying to you here, since I'm not sure if you're on the Yahoo! Group or not. :-) I called, I think it was Service, then Adoption Agency, or something like that. Took a few tries before Aspen had enough cash on hand for them to approve her. Then I selected Toddler, since I knew Jessica went into the orphanage as a toddler. I thought I'd have to quit without saving and try it a few times to get Jessica, but I got her on my first try. Not sure if former Playable children are given top priority in adoptions or not. Pretty straight forward. :-)

10:08 AM  
Blogger systemlove said...

GREAT update! Depressing and happy all at the same time. (gotta admit, sims killing themselves via fire is sometimes amusing to me, if I am not attached to them). And glad Jessica found a real home and isn't floating in adoption-space! :D

11:33 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Oh no! I totally was not expecting that for Andrew and Cory! Poor Jessica! But at least someone came along and wanted to raise her. Sweet update, but still...poor Andrew and Cory =(

9:32 PM  
Blogger taratownie said...

Poor Cory and Andrew! Hooray for Aspen adopting Jessica and even wanting to adopt her! Go girl!

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home